Friday, August 14, 2009

What I've Learned . . .

. . . and what I'm still learning.

My number one Etsy selling tip is to be an Etsy buyer as well. I have learned so much more from observing the ways other sellers behave, market, sell, leave feedback, package, transport and communicate and generally serve their customers than from any FAQ, blog or purchased Etsy selling guide.

I have purchased and read those guides. Some of the info out there is even out of date now with all of the changes Etsy is making. It's hard to outsmart a system that is constantly changing. So, I've learned through participation. I buy as many of my supplies as I can buy there. If I need anything that I would have to go to a specialty shop for, I check Etsy first. I've bought more than I've sold on Etsy, but I've also done some important networking and made a few friends. Friends are crucial to support and morale if you are going to be an Etsy seller.

I'm still very green. I set up my shop on February 2 of this year. Buying from other Etsians is what has taught me the most and helped me to better serve my customers.

That's all I have to say for today. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment